Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Train Wreck Named Charlie Sheen

I wonder what Charlie Sheen said he would grow up to be when he was five or six years old? Do you think he looked his mother or father in the eye and proclaimed, "I want to be a man whore mama!", or better yet, "Hey daddy, can I be a drug addict who can't keep my pants on AND who won't face appropriately dealing with my future major mood disorder?!" Yep, I just can't help but wonder...

For those of you who live under a rock, Charlie Sheen has been in the news a LOT lately. For the reasons mentioned above. And because Charlie himself has been so blinded by his own psychotic delusions (whether they are mood and/or drug induced doesn't really matter at this point!)....it appears that the media has been most focused on exploiting his antics than encouraging him to get proper treatment. I have been waiting for Dr. Drew to show up somewhere along the line and grab Charlie up for a one-on-one interview. But clearly, that hasn't happened yet. After seeing Charlie on air with his "goddesses" (aka gold-digging who knows what the hell they were thinkin' objects)...I seriously thought I was watching Ashton Kutcher's latest episode of Punked! Maybe Dr. Drew realizes that he doesn't want ANY affiliation with this train wreck just in case Charlie tosses himself over Malibu canyon anytime in the next few months.

Please don't misunderstand me. It is my greatest desire that Charlie Sheen get proper help and treatment for his obvious boatload of mental health issues that he has ignored for way WAY too long. What makes me sick is the number of "devotees" that Charlie has and will no doubt continue to attract because he is being glorified for his destructive lifestyle choices. Believe it or not, there ARE way too many men, women, and kids out there who view Charlie as someone actually worth emulating as a modern-day role model! His sexcapades with Heidi Fleiss's stable of hookers going back some years ago to his current household of "goddesses" (one just quit, but he's taking applications to replace her)...his delusional and psychotic rants...his alcohol and drug abuse; what "else" can Charlie do or be about to shock us? He's already actively involved his twin boys in his lifestyle mess by having his "goddesses" babysit them. To say Charlie is a train wreck is being much too kind. What he is IS a horrific example of all that's wrong with achieving the American dream of fame and fortune when your brain doesn't work right in the first place...

I'm sure that for anyone who really "knows" Charlie---they would probably say he's a great guy. Just like Clinton was in his heyday. Charming...knows how to schmooze with both men and women alike. Hello! Have you ever met a sex addict who DOESN'T know how to schmooze? Get real! Everyone in a sex addict's life and world is viewed as an object, period. And as far as the polysubstance abuse goes...I know I'd be guilty and wanting to forget about it too if I caused a whole lotta pain to those around me---but didn't want to look past my own nose in regards to "it" (the pain that is!). Regarding the mental health issues...well, that's a big issue. Seriously why does society STILL view a bipolar disorder diagnosis as something to ignore, stigmatize, and/or be "afraid" of facing and treating in an appropriate manner? I'm NOT suggesting that Charlie is bipolar as I have not personally assessed or treated him; but I can say that "all of this" that we are seeing about him in the media sure reads like a chapter out of the "Hi I'm on a Manic High" handbook!

Living the train wreck lifestyle is never a good choice. If you or someone you care about is reminding you too much of Charlie Sheen, you can do something about it right now. Check yourself before your wreck yourself....unlike what Charlie Sheen has been doing to himself and those closest to him for far too long!